India: Underappreciated Alpha Opportunity? (Wellington Management)
MANY INVESTORS HAVE BEGUN TO CONSIDER MAKING A STRATEGIC, DEDICATED ALLOCATION TO INDIAN PUBLIC EQUITIES, AND IT’S EASY TO UNDERSTAND WHY. Steady economic expansion, political stability, infrastructure improvements, and productivity-enhancing reforms should continue to underpin growth. Wellington Management also believe that India’s large, diverse equity market and dynamic culture can create an attractive source of returns and a wellspring of potential alpha opportunities.
- Wellington Management believes India’s equity markets, driven by potent tailwinds, can yield attractive returns in coming years.
- India’s dynamic culture and large, broad, complex markets are generally underappreciated and misunderstood.
- India has historically been fertile ground for active managers, and we see many potential opportunities to generate alpha for our clients.
- Wellington Management thinks the case can be made for a dedicated allocation to India within an emerging markets portfolio. READ MORE
- Can Manufacturing Relocate from China to India? (Wellington Management)
- Pick Stocks, Not Countries, in Emerging Markets (FE Trustnet)
- OMGI’s Crabb: India Consumer Stocks on “Very Stretched Multiples” (FE Trustnet)
- CLSA Equity Strategist Says India is the Best BRICs Investment Destination (LM)
- Chart: Stock Market Capitalization as a Percent of GDP (Guggenheim Investments)
- Indian Equity Outlook: From Survival to Revival (PineBridge Investments)
- Aberdeen CIO: India Will Surpass China for Growth (FE Trustnet)
- Seven Reasons India Is Primed for Growth (Enterprising Investor)
- JPMorgan’s Mowat Talks About Iraq, EM Fund Flows and India (Economic Times)
- India Drops 11 Places to #71 in the Global Competitiveness Report