Disclosures and other ethics related topics are not only hot topics in the blogosphere, they are increasingly being required by complex legal rules and regulations – especially for any site covering financial topics, the stock market or doing product or service reviews of any kind. With that in mind, we will try and keep this disclosure page as up to date and as accurate as possible.
Compensation or Revenue Disclosures
Currently, the Emerging Market Skeptic website has the following revenue generating relationships:
- Any article posted on Emerging Market Skeptic’s SeekingAlpha page as a premium article gets compensated $0.01 per page view and cannot be re-posted in its entirety somewhere else (which is why some articles on this site come with a link back to the original article on SeekingAlpha).
- Google Adsense ads on this site are the business of Google and not the Emerging Market Skeptic which has limited control over what ads appear on the site.
- CJ (formerly Commission Junction) ads or rather ads from members of the CJ affiliate marketing network.
- Any Amazon product listed and sold on this site will generate a referral rate of 4% to 6% through the Amazon Associates affiliate marketing program.
- Donations via PayPal.
- See our Substack for subscription details. Note that Substack charges 10% and there is a credit card fee charged by Stripe e.g.2.9% plus a 30-cent transaction fee per subscriber.
Investment Holdings Disclosure
The principal(s) of the Emerging Market Skeptic currently has or has had the following (long held) investment holdings (among other investments) that could be relevant to the emerging market related topics or content discussed on this site:
- CPFL Energia S.A. (NYSE: CPL) [delisted]
- Vale SA (NYSE: VALE)
- Aberdeen Chile Fund (NYSEAMEX: CH) reorganized as the Aberdeen Emerging Markets Equity Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE: AEF)
- ING Asia Pacific High Dividend Equity Income Fund (NYSE: IAE)
- Infosys Ltd (NYSE: INFY)
NOTE: The above list should not be construed as a buy or sell recommendation nor does it represent the full list of investment holdings the principal(s) of the Emerging Market Skeptic may currently own or have owned in the past as these are the holders relevant to the content on this site.
General Legal Disclosure Language
See DISCLAIMER: EM Fund Stock Picks & Country Commentaries Posts for further details.
The Emerging Market Skeptic or the principal(s) thereof may (at any given time) be doing other writing work, freelance work or consulting work that may have come about as a result of this site.
The Emerging Market Skeptic or the principal(s) thereof may choose at some point in time to be compensated in the form of cash or restricted securities as payment for publishing information and opinions about a company, product or service on this site and such payments will be disclosed on this page or elsewhere on this site. In such cases, any compensation should be considered when making an investment or purchasing decision regarding companies, products or services mentioned on this site as the Emerging Market Skeptic would be deemed to have a conflict of interest.
The Emerging Market Skeptic or the principal(s) thereof is not registered as a securities broker-dealer or an investment adviser either with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission or with any state or national securities regulatory authority. All statements and opinions expressed herein are those of the principal(s), editors and any contributors to the Emerging Market Skeptic site and are subject to change without notice.
The Emerging Market Skeptic maintains editorial control over any of its content and the companies, products or services profiled therein do not have any editorial rights concerning the information published about them. A profile, description or any other mention on the Emerging Market Skeptic is neither an offer nor a solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any securities, products or services mentioned.
While we believe all sources of information provided by us and contained in any of our content to be accurate and reliable, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy of information we have received from third parties. Furthermore, the Emerging Market Skeptic has not independently verified such information provided within our publication.
Some Emerging Market Skeptic contributors may have investments in the investments, products or services they discuss. All Emerging Market Skeptic contributors are required to publicly disclose their current individual investment holdings at the end of any article they’ve written and in the appropriate area when referencing or discussing a stock they own.
READERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO THEIR OWN DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE INVESTING IN ANY SECURITIES MENTIONED ON THE EMERGING MARKET SKEPTIC OR WITHIN ANY OF ITS PUBLICATIONS OR CONTENT. INVESTING IN SECURITIES IS SPECULATIVE AND CARRIES A HIGH DEGREE OF RISK.
The information found on the Emerging Market Skeptic site is protected by the copyright laws of the United States and may not be copied, or reproduced in any way without the expressed, written consent of Emerging Market Skeptic.