In the run-up to this year’s St. Petersburg International Economic Forum, The Moscow Times asked a panel of business leaders with experience in Russia to tell readers how the Russian economy would fare over the next five years. Those asked for the lengthy article included:
- William Reichert – Moscow-based partner at U.S. law firm K&L Gates, specializing in helping foreign companies enter and work in Russia.
- Bernard Sucher – Nonexecutive board member at Moscow-based investment bank Aton, banker and entrepreneur with more than 20 years experience in Russia.
- Daniel Klein – U.S. patent attorney, technology specialist and senior partner at Moscow’s Podolsky & Klein, an Alinga Group company that specializes in assisting foreign companies do business in Russia.
- Philip Halperin – Independent director and financial risk advisor, former chief risk officer at Alfa Bank and advisor to the executive board at Gazprombank.
- Dmitry Alimov – Founder and managing partner of Frontier Ventures, a venture/growth fund focused on equity financing for Internet companies in emerging and frontier markets and co-founder of video streaming service ivi.ru.
- Christopher Van Riet – Managing director of Radius Group, a real estate infrastructure solutions company with over $1 billion in warehouse projects in Russia.
- Tony Watkins – General director of video game publisher Electronic Arts Russia.
- Andrey Dzubandovski – General manager and head of the Moscow branch of SunGard Capital Markets.
- Sergey Skaterschikov – Head of investment fund Skate Capital, board member of real estate developer LSR Group and Munich-based satellite maker Dauria Aerospace.
To read the lengthy article, Old Russia Hands’ Poll — Where will Russia’s Economy Be in 5 Years?, go the website of the Moscow Times.
- Who Are Russia’s Middle Class? Some Facts and Figures (MT)
- Russia’s EU Food Ban a Blessing in Disguise for Shipping Companies (MT)
- Russia as Golf’s New Frontier (WSJ)
- What Russia Sanctions? Russia’s Rosneft and BP Sign Long-Term Oil Deal (MT)
- FATCA Fallout: Russia’s #2 Bank VTB to Stop Servicing Russia-Based US Clients (MT)
- Private Equity Group Blackstone to pull out of Russia (FT)
- Russian Stocks Are Trading Cheaper Than Half of Their Book Net Asset Value (MT)
- Russia Pivoted East to Asia 800 Years Before Obama (MT)
- What Crisis? Cashing in on Russia’s Middle Class Real Estate Boom (fDi)
- Russia Moves Up 11 Places in the Global Competitiveness Report (MT)
- The Crimea: Already The Next Hot Real Estate Market? (MT)
- Russia’s Mechel to Dump US and Other Assets to Focus on Asia (MT)
- The Next Macau & Las Vegas? Crimea and Sochi See Future as Gambling Centers (MT)
- China / Russia Stock Market Charts Suggest Investing Early in Frontier Markets (Like Africa) Pay Off (Telegraph)
- Russia’s Path to Credit Strength Amid Biting Sanctions (PGIM Fixed Income)