China: From Smokestack to Labtech (William Blair)
China is commonly characterized as a smokestack economy, focused on infrastructure investment, cheap manual labor, and polluting industries. But that is changing, as China’s 2017 equity-market return of 50% suggests.
The challenge: Can China justify those returns and make the aggressive leap into an innovative, digitally led economy?
- China A: Opportunity for Active Managers (William Blair)
- EXS Capital’s Solberg: China’s Property and Steel Sectors Look Interesting Now (CMN)
- Understanding China’s Economic and Market Developments: Managing China’s Transition into Global Benchmarks (FTSE Russell)
- M&G Investments’ Vaight: “Chinese Firms Can Become Globally Competitive” (FE Trustnet)
- Developments in the Reform of China’s State-Owned Enterprises (Mobius Blog)
- BlackRock’s Swann: Look at the China Slowdown in a Long Term Context (FE Trustnet)
- Emerging Markets in the East Converging With Developed Markets in the West (Create Research)
- Aberdeen Asset Management’s China Update
- Fidelity China Special Sits Trust: Four China Investment Themes (FE Trustnet)
- Barclays: China Fears Being Overplayed (FT Adviser)