Latin America and the Coming Global Debt Crisis (Latin America Risk Report Substack)
- Global Poor Lose Services as Developing Countries Face Higher Debt Payments (WSJ) $ and Defaults Loom as Poor Countries Face an Economic Storm (NYT)
- Despite not being the epicenter of the crisis, Latin American countries face payment crises, political backlash, and international tension as debt pressures mount worldwide.
- The problems in Latin America won’t hit immediately and will continue to build for many months.
- The debt payment problem will build across 2023, peaking with a payment crisis in some countries in the final quarter of next year or the first half of 2024.
- In terms of problems hitting earlier, Argentina is the biggest concern as the political campaign and election could accelerate the economic crisis.In the meantime, countries making higher debt payments have less money for public goods. And that will increase political anger. READ MORE
- Trying to Make Sense of Argentina’s Debt Mess (BA Herald)
- Argentina: Where Growth & Stock Market Returns Diverge (Mobius Blog)
- Latin America Slow Descent into Interventionism (Daniel Lacalle)
- The Trouble with Argentina’s Economy (Project Syndicate)
- South American Economies Dive South as Growth Outlook Dims (Bloomberg)
- Nomura’s Morden: Argentina Faces Risks From the Duration of Brazil Contagion (Barron’s)
- Cash-Strapped Argentina Goes All or Nothing on New Economy Chief (Bloomberg via Yahoo!)
- Vista Energy (NYSE: VIST): Has the Largest Shale Oil and Gas Play Under Development Outside North America
- New Fragile Five Facing a Forex Crisis: Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Ukraine & Venezuela (Institutional Investor)
- AmCham Chile’s President Talks Up “Consensus,” “Shared Goals,” “Internal Dialog…”
- Latin America’s Pink Wave Faces Investor Skepticism (The Emerging Markets Investor)
- Disorderly Venezuela Default on an Argentina scale is Almost Inevitable (FT)
- South American Rumbles: Argentina and Brazil Developments (Pictet)
- Why Argentina’s Export Boom Is Falling Short (Americas Quarterly)
- Prudent Ways to Invest in Frontier Markets (WSJ)
Leave a Reply