Philippines Globe Telecom to Raise Funds, Expand (The Asset)
- Globe Telecom is planning to raise up to 32 billion pesos (US$593 million) through a stock rights offering to fund the expansion of its mobile and broadband network as well as to repay debt.
- Globe has seen data traffic in its network grow significantly, with the first quarter of 2022 reporting a 27% increase against the same period last year. This growth was driven by the increased smartphone penetration in the network, which rose from 81% in 2020 to 85% in 2021 and led to a higher per person data usage of 22%. READ MORE
- Emerging Market Companies & Governments Binge on US Dollar Debt (WSJ)
- Trade War Steers Chinese Investment Toward Southeast Asia (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Economic Prospects in Several Emerging Asia Countries (Wells Fargo Securities)
- The Philippines: More Two Steps Forward And One Step Back?
- A Damaged Culture No More? Investing in the Philippines
- Portfolio Money Flows Back Into the Philippines (WSJ)
- Can a Barbecue Baron Kick off a Big Year for Philippine IPOs? (Nikkei Asia)
- Small But Mighty: Seizing Untapped Opportunities in Southeast Asia (Nielsen)
- Dutertenomics: Infrastructure Projects (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Philippines’ Largest IPO Ends Flat in Debut Trading (The Asset)