Russian Stocks and the Ruble to Remain Under Pressure (Capital Economics)
The August 28th Emerging Europe Markets Monitor from Capital Economics, a leading independent macro-economic research companies, had this to say about Russian stocks and the Russian Ruble:
Claims by Ukraine’s government that Russia has deployed troops in the east of the country have led to sharp falls in financial markets across Emerging Europe today. Some of the sharpest falls have, understandably, been in Russia itself, where hopes that a diplomatic solution to the crisis might be found had triggered a rally in the stock market in the early part of this month. This always seemed somewhat optimistic to us and, while the latest spat could yet blow over as both sides pull back from the brink, we expect both Russian stocks and the ruble to remain under pressure over the coming months.
To read the whole article, Renewed escalation in Ukraine hits region’s financial markets, go to the website of Capital Economics’ Emerging Europe Markets Monitor.
- Coutts CIO: Russian Stocks Now Appear Attractive (FE Trustnet)
- State Street Global Advisors’ CIO: Russia Stocks Could See Further Selloffs (FE Trustnet)
- Emerging Market Hedge Fund Assets Rise to a Record Despite Russian Losses (PR)
- Russian Stocks Are Trading Cheaper Than Half of Their Book Net Asset Value (MT)
- Russian Equities are at “Too Big a Discount” (CNBC)
- Ukraine War Poses a Threat to EU Industry (RaboResearch)
- Heatmap: Structure of Russian Exports (Research Affiliates)
- Russia Troubles Hit Emerging Markets – Including Emerging Europe (Barron’s)
- Graph: The Structure of Russia’s Foreign Debt (Research Affiliates)
- Sanctions Will Impact Russian Arctic, Deepwater & Shale Oil Exploration (FT)
- The Coming Eurasian Century: Russia and China are De-Dollarizing. Is “Pipelineistan” Coming?
- 4 Reasons Ruble Bulls are Optimistic About Russia’s Currency (MarketWatch)
- Henderson’s Bennett: “No Real Emerging Europe, We Have Got Submerging Europe” (Citywire)
- Private Equity Group Blackstone to pull out of Russia (FT)
- FPA Crescent (FPACX) Fund Makes Some Interesting Emerging Market Stock Bets (Kiplinger)