China is building an island on the disputed Mabini Reef (Timelapsed Pictures)
They built the Great Wall of China but now the Chinese are building an island on the disputed Mabini Reef (Johnson South Reef) according to the following series of photographs released by the Philippines’ Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) after being gathered from Philippine intelligence sources. They show the stages of extensive reclamation by China. The DFA says these actions are considered destabilizing and are in violation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC) along with international law. Mabini Reef is part of the Kalayaan Island Group (KIG) which the Philippines says is part of their territory.
- Are There Greater Opportunities In Asia’s Frontier Markets Than in China? (FT)
- Economic Prospects in Several Emerging Asia Countries (Wells Fargo Securities)
- A Damaged Culture No More? Investing in the Philippines
- The “Next Eleven” and the World Economy (The Asset)
- The Philippines: More Two Steps Forward And One Step Back?
- Portfolio Money Flows Back Into the Philippines (WSJ)
- 2017 Global Retail Development Index (ATKearney)
- Duterte Spooks Foreign Investors With Tax ‘Sword of Damocles’ (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Emerging Market Companies & Governments Binge on US Dollar Debt (WSJ)
- Why Emerging Markets Are Back in Style for Investors (Breakout)