China is building an island on the disputed Mabini Reef (Timelapsed Pictures)
They built the Great Wall of China but now the Chinese are building an island on the disputed Mabini Reef (Johnson South Reef) according to the following series of photographs released by the Philippines’ Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) after being gathered from Philippine intelligence sources. They show the stages of extensive reclamation by China. The DFA says these actions are considered destabilizing and are in violation of the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the South China Sea (DOC) along with international law. Mabini Reef is part of the Kalayaan Island Group (KIG) which the Philippines says is part of their territory.
- A Damaged Culture No More? Investing in the Philippines
- Are There Greater Opportunities In Asia’s Frontier Markets Than in China? (FT)
- Economic Prospects in Several Emerging Asia Countries (Wells Fargo Securities)
- Ayala: Duterte’s China Pivot Transforms Philippines’ Oldest Conglomerate (Nikkei Asian Review)
- The Philippines: More Two Steps Forward And One Step Back?
- The “Next Eleven” and the World Economy (The Asset)
- Portfolio Money Flows Back Into the Philippines (WSJ)
- Trade War Steers Chinese Investment Toward Southeast Asia (Nikkei Asian Review)
- After a 15-year Hot Streak, Macao’s Casino Owners May Have to Pay Up (Nikkei Asian Review)
- 2017 Global Retail Development Index (ATKearney)