Israel Closed-End Funds List
The Aberdeen Israel Fund Inc (NYSE: ISL) was a long standing closed-end fund that invested in Israeli equity and debt securities. However and in April 2018, the Aberdeen Emerging Markets Equity Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE: AEF) completed the reorganizations of several emerging market closed-end funds:
- Aberdeen Emerging Markets Smaller Company Opportunities Fund, Inc. (“ABE”)
- Aberdeen Israel Fund, Inc. (“ISL”)
- Aberdeen Indonesia Fund, Inc. (“IF”)
- Aberdeen Latin America Equity Fund, Inc. (“LAQ”)
- Aberdeen Singapore Fund, Inc. (“SGF”)
- Aberdeen Greater China Fund, Inc. (“GCH”)
- The Asia Tigers Fund, Inc. (“GRR”)
- Aberdeen Chile Fund, Inc. (“CH”)
All funds were merged into the Aberdeen Chile Fund, Inc and the consolidated fund was renamed the Aberdeen Emerging Markets Equity Income Fund, Inc. trading on the NYSE American Exchange under the ticker symbol “AEF.”
Israel Closed-End Funds List*
|Closed End Fund||Ticker||Exchange||Manager/Advisor||Type||Inception|
|1||Aberdeen Israel Fund Inc (reorg. abrdn Emerging Markets Equity Income Fund, Inc)||ISL||Reorganized||Equity||Equity||1992/10/29 - 2018/04/27 Reorganized|
* EmergingMarketSkeptic.com provides useful information that should not constitute investment advice or a recommendation to invest. In addition, your use of any content is entirely at your own risk and it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of the content. Read More
Note: If there are any closed-end funds to add or remove from this list or if there are bad links, please write a note in the comments section so it can be fixed. Likewise, adding any other comments or advice would also be appreciated.
In addition to the above list of Israel closed-end funds, check out our complete list of Israel ADRs as well as our EMEA ETF list, Middle East/Africa ETF list, Middle East ETF list, Middle East ETF (Region Wide) list and Israel ETF list.
For additional resources for investing in Israel in general, check out all of our Israel tagged articles/links.