Asia Tech — Innovation Beyond the Index: Q&A (Wellington Management)
Wellington Management believes Asia tech is the future innovation hub of the world, offering a long runway for growth driven by technological disruption. The region is the population center of the globe, the backbone of tech’s supply chain and manufacturing and the home to a huge number of small tech companies offering exposure to key secular themes across industries.
In fact, Asia has over 1,000 smaller-cap tech companies, more than double that of North America and Western Europe combined1. We believe Asia tech therefore can offer a depth and breadth of opportunities that global tech typically cannot. After all, 70% of the world’s tech companies are in Asia but the region represents only 17% of the MSCI All Country World IT Index2.
In this Q&A, Yash Patodia shares his views on how best to access the massive and underappreciated Asia tech opportunity and profiles some potential risks for the sector. READ MORE
- Private Equity Floods into Southeast Asia (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Asia300 Power Performers: Tech’s Wild Ride (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Asia is Home to 50% of World’s Fastest Growing Companies (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Fund Managers Are Wary of “Cheap” Asian Stock Markets (FT Adviser)
- Where to Find Opportunities in Emerging Markets (BlackRock)
- After Grab: ASEAN’s Tech Giants Produce a New Startup Generation (Nikkei Asia)
- Asean Equities Set for More Gains on Post-Covid Recovery (The Asset)
- The World in 2050 (PWC)
- YPO CEO Survey: Asia CEO Confidence at 2-year Low (YPO)
- Southeast Asian Tech Hubs Race to Become the Next Silicon Valley (Nikkei Asian Review)