While Joe Biden’s son and the ex-roommate of John Kerry’s son have become directors for Ukrainian gas giant Burisma Holdings, a filing submitted last week reported that Gazprombank GPB (
On July 16th, the US Treasury Department had added Gazprombank to a list of Russian firms barred from debt financing with US institutions as part of the sanctions against Russia.
The move shoulf not come as a surprise though. Last month, Russian gas firm OAO Novatek had retained Washington DC public relations firm Qorvis to lobby the Obama administration and Congress after one of its largest shareholders, an associate of Russian president Vladimir Putin, was similarly targeted for Russia sanctions by the United States.
As for Lott and Breaux, they both left public service almost a decade ago. In 2008, they started a lobbying firm with their sons, Breaux Lott Leadership Group, which was acquired by DC-lobbying powerhouse Patton Boggs in 2010. Patton Boggs merged with Squire Sanders to form Squire Patton Boggs in June.
To read the whole article, Russian bank hires two former U.S. senators, go to the website of the Center for Public Integrity.
- Resolving the SE Ukraine Conflict Would be a “Massive Buy Signal” for Russia (CNBC)
- Russia Promises Guaranteed Support If You Invest in the Crimea (RIA)
- Jupiter’s Croft: If History Repeats Itself, Russian Stocks Could Double (FE Trustnet)
- Russia Ukraine War’s Global Impact (MetLife Investment Management)
- Franklin Templeton’s $7.6bn Bond Bet on the Ukraine is 6X Bigger Than its Russian Bond Holdings (EM)
- EU Slowly Weening Off Russian Crude Gives Moscow Time To Divert Flows To Asia (Zero Hedge)
- US Quietly Urges Russia Fertilizer Deals to Unlock Grain Trade (Bloomberg)
- Ukraine War Poses a Threat to EU Industry (RaboResearch)
- Russia Moves Up 11 Places in the Global Competitiveness Report (MT)
- Infographic: Russia’s Sphere of Influence in Context (VOX)
- Emerging Market Hedge Fund Assets Rise to a Record Despite Russian Losses (PR)
- Fallout From Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine Has the Potential to Impact SA’s Economy (BusinessReport)
- Investment Implications of the Russian Invasion (Franklin Templeton)
- Russia Consumer Confidence Falls in Latest Nielsen Survey
- The Economic Impact of a Boycott on Russian Fossil Fuels (RaboResearch)