- They have successfully entered 100 countries and regions and opened more than 5,000 stores around the world, covering the core business districts of world-renowned cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Dubai, Sydney, and Istanbul.Products
- However, short seller Blue Orca Capital (Blue Orca is Short MINISO Group Holding Limited (NYSE: MNSO) and Blue Orca’s Rebuttal on MINISO (NYSE: MNSO)) also alleged last year:
Rather than operate an independent network of franchisees, our seven-month investigation of Chinese corporate records and store level data indicates, in our opinion, that hundreds of stores are secretly owned and operated by MINISO executives or individuals closely connected to the chairman.
- The Notorious Copycat Brand That’s Taking Over Asia (Chris Garin) 12 Minutes
1 YEAR CHART:
LONG TERM CHART:
Disclaimer. The information and views contained on this website and newsletter is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice and/or a recommendation. Your use of any content is entirely at your own risk and it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of the content. Seek a duly licensed professional for any investment advice. I may have positions in the investments covered. This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any investment mentioned.
MINISO Group Holding (NYSE: MNSO): Asia’s Notorious Copycat Retailer was also published on our Substack under Emerging Market Stock Pick Tear Sheets.
- EM Fund Stock Picks & Country Commentaries (April 11, 2023)
- Luckin Coffee is Launching in Singapore, Will it Do Well? (Momentum Asia)
- P&G: Betting on China, But Vulnerable to FX Fluctuations (USA Today)
- Tech Sector Can Power Emerging Market Portfolios (FE Trustnet)
- CMBI Research China & Hong Kong Stock Picks (September 2023)
- Housebound Consumers Lift Lenovo to Record Revenues & Profits (HKEXnews)
- Why Tencent’s Golden Share Arrangements Could Be Worse for Investors Than Alibaba’s (China Tech Shorts)
- Best Consumer Stocks for Emerging Market Investors (Morningstar)
- Why Alibaba’s Jack Ma Can’t Seem to Win Over the U.S. (WSJ)
- Super Hi International Holding (HKG: 9658 / OTCMKTS: SPHIF): The Largest International Chinese Restaurant Brand Actually from China
- Fund Managers: Why We Couldn’t Resist the Alibaba IPO (FE Trustnet)
- CMBI China and Hong Kong Equity Research (June 2023)
- 2014 BCG Local Dynamos: 50 Emerging Market Consumer Companies to Watch (BCG)
- US-Chinese Business Partnerships Are Thriving (Kraneshares)
- Miniso Far, Mumuso Good: How China’s ‘Cultural Copycats’ Took Over the World (SCMP)