MINISO Group Holding (NYSE: MNSO): Asia’s Notorious Copycat Retailer
Lifestyle products retailer MINISO Group Holding (NYSE: MNSO) copied Japanese retail chains or brands Uniqlo, Muji and Daiso – and have arguably done it better than the originals.
- They have successfully entered 100 countries and regions and opened more than 5,000 stores around the world, covering the core business districts of world-renowned cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Paris, London, Dubai, Sydney, and Istanbul.Products
- However, short seller Blue Orca Capital (Blue Orca is Short MINISO Group Holding Limited (NYSE: MNSO) and Blue Orca’s Rebuttal on MINISO (NYSE: MNSO)) also alleged last year:
Rather than operate an independent network of franchisees, our seven-month investigation of Chinese corporate records and store level data indicates, in our opinion, that hundreds of stores are secretly owned and operated by MINISO executives or individuals closely connected to the chairman.
- The Notorious Copycat Brand That’s Taking Over Asia (Chris Garin) 12 Minutes
1 YEAR CHART:
LONG TERM CHART:
Disclaimer. The information and views contained on this website and newsletter is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice and/or a recommendation. Your use of any content is entirely at your own risk and it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of the content. Seek a duly licensed professional for any investment advice. I may have positions in the investments covered. This is not a recommendation to buy or sell any investment mentioned.
MINISO Group Holding (NYSE: MNSO): Asia’s Notorious Copycat Retailer was also published on our Substack under Emerging Market Stock Pick Tear Sheets.
- EM Fund Stock Picks & Country Commentaries (April 11, 2023)
- Bairong Inc (HKG: 6608 / FRA: 6B5): AI/Digital Transformation Services for Chinese Banks
- NetDragon Websoft (HKG: 0777 / FRA: 3ND): First Stock to Try the AI-CEO Gimmick (Ahead of a NYSE Spinoff-Listing)
- ZJLD Group (HKG: 6979): IPO of the First Baijiu Maker to List Outside of China Flops
- Top 10 Chinese Automakers By Electric Vehicle Sales Stock List & Graphic
- Noah Holdings (NYSE: NOAH): A Chinese Wealth Management Firm Facing a “Crisis of Confidence” in the Sector
- EV Battery Maker Market Share Chart & Stock List (China, Japan & South Korea Stocks)
- Shanghai Putailai New Energy Tech (SHA: 603659): Financing Europe’s Biggest Anode Plant in Sweden for EV Batteries
- Shanghai Milkground Food Tech (SHA: 600882): A Cheese Darkhorse Hit by Peak Cheese Lollipop as Chinese Consumers Tighten Belts
- TOP Financial Group (NASDAQ: TOP): Hong Kong’s Latest Crazy Meme Stock
- Why Alibaba’s Jack Ma Can’t Seem to Win Over the U.S. (WSJ)
- Fund Managers: Why We Couldn’t Resist the Alibaba IPO (FE Trustnet)
- MapMyIndia (NSE: MAPMYINDIA / BOM: 543425): Maps Every Door in India
- Mercurity Fintech Holdings (NASDAQ: MFH): Speculative Chinese Fintech, Blockchain and Bitcoin Stock
- China Internet Update (KraneShares)
Leave a Reply