Online Lynch Mobs Target Expats in Singapore (SCMP)
Call them protectors of citizens or online vigilantes but you better not mess with them in Singapore – especially if you are a foreigner.
Some locals have taken to showcasing the ugly side of foreigners on the island, against a backdrop of rising xenophobia with a small but growing number of discontented citizens blaming foreigners for their daily woes – from a lack of good jobs to adding stress to existing infrastructure like public transport and housing.
See the whole article (As online lynch mob targets expats, Singapore concerned about reputation) in the South China Morning Post.
- The Singapore Story: Not a Sure Thing for Investors?
- FLASHBACK: An (Anonymous) Expat Rant About Singapore In: “i dun unerstan u lah!: An exposé of Singapore and Singaporean retardation”
- The One Country With “Significant Real Income Growth” (Channel NewsAsia)
- Are Asian Households Over Their Head in Consumer Debt? (CNBC)
- Singapore’s Sovereign Wealth Fund to Increase Investment in China (FT)
- Asian Banks Are Nibbling the Lunches of Global Banks (CCTV)
- No Improvement in Asia Pacific Corporate Payments in 2015 (Coface)
- Singapore’s GIC Remains Cautious Over its Medium-term Outlook (Today)
- Singapore’s GIC Bets on Emerging Market Technolgy Investments (Reuters)
- Is Singapore Becoming an Old Young Country? (Straits Times)