Searching for Alpha Consistency in Emerging Market Equities (State Street)
• Despite recent headwinds related to country-specific economies and trade wars, emerging markets continue to be a source of alpha for investors.
• The success of emerging markets in the past has been based on themes. The major theme for growth going forward is firmly based on the rise of the middle class and rising consumption in these markets.
• Index replication is challenging due to liquidity constraints and high trading costs, making skillful delivery of index exposure hard to find.
• Investors looking to capitalize on the active opportunities available in emerging markets should consider active managers with a proven track record of selecting stocks from a broad universe.
• Investors that are seeking a more representative exposure to China should consider allocating to managers with a more unified approach to the region.
- How MSCI’s Global Investable Market Indexes Methodology Influences Trillions of Dollars (Kraneshares)
- Fund Managers’ Opinions on the UAE and Qatar’s Emerging Markets Upgrade (The National)
- Its Difficult to Find a Good Emerging Markets Fund (every investor)
- How the MSCI Emerging Markets Index Changes Will Impact Investors (P&I)
- Is Now the Time to Go Active in Emerging Markets? (FE Trustnet)
- China A: Opportunity for Active Managers (William Blair)
- India: Underappreciated Alpha Opportunity? (Wellington Management)
- Investing in Emerging and Frontier Markets: An Investor Viewpoint (World Federation of Exchanges)
- Investors Stick With Actively Managed Foreign Stock Funds (AP)
- Artemis’ Edelsten: Emerging Markets are Expensive With the Exception of China (What Investment)
- Wealth Managers Struggle to Tap the Wealthy in Emerging Markets (II)
- Emerging Market Small Caps: Hidden Gems in Plain Sight? (Wellington Management)
- China’s Innovation Boom Benefits Active Managers (William Blair)
- Emerging Market Hedge Fund Assets Rise to a Record Despite Russian Losses (PR)
- Optimizing Exposure to the Emerging Market Rebalance (KraneShares)