Bloomberg has reported that Citigroup Inc analyst Deane Dray has written a research note saying Xylem Inc (NYSE: XYL), a provider of equipment and services for water and wastewater applications, wants to increase its revenue from emerging markets. Dray wrote that Xylem Inc gets an estimated 17% of sales from emerging markets now and isn’t likely to make acquisitions at the moment although purchases are part of the strategy.
Dray also commented that companies like Xylem Inc want a piece of the $450 billion water industry that includes desalination, ballast water filtration, power generation and hydraulic fracturing. Xylem Inc is the biggest publicly traded “pure play” water stock with more than 90% of its revenue tied to water and water processing.
To read the whole article, Xylem CEO Wants More Revenue From Emerging Markets: Citi, go to the website of Bloomberg.
- Macau Casino Boom-Bust Cycle in One Chart (Bloomberg)
- Johnson & Johnson vs Abbott Laboratories in Emerging Markets (TheStreet)
- Persistent Systems (NSE: PERSISTENT / BOM: 533179): One of India’s Fastest Growing IT Firms You Probably Have Not Heard Of
- Bloomberg’s Misery Index’s Least Miserable Emerging Markets
- Lazard’s James Donald Discusses the Sensitivity of Emerging Markets
- What Explains Emerging Markets’ Relatively Low COVID-19 Fatality Rate? (LGIM)
- Best Consumer Stocks for Emerging Market Investors (Morningstar)
- Norway’s Sovereign Wealth Fund Slows Emerging Market Investment (Bloomberg)
- Russia Billionaire’s Jailing Unleashes the Shorts on Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (Bloomberg)
- Why Are Digital Content Players Ignoring Emerging Markets? (TNW)
- Its Difficult to Find a Good Emerging Markets Fund (every investor)
- PODCAST: The Question Is…Why Should Investors Bother with Emerging Markets? (Lazard AM)
- How the MSCI Emerging Markets Index Changes Will Impact Investors (P&I)
- Ruchir Sharma’s Guiding Principles for Emerging Market Investing (Bloomberg)
- MSCI Islamic Total Return Index vs. MSCI Emerging Markets Total Return Index (Mobius Blog)