Lira and Rand Among the Latest “Hot” Emerging Market Currency Bets (WSJ)
Citigroup’s emerging market team recently met in London with more than 25 investors to discuss their favorite bets with the “most crowded trade” being long positions concentrated on the Turkish lira and on buying the lira against the South African Rand, followed by the Indian rupee.
To read the whole post, Investors’ ABC of Emerging Market Foreign Exchange, go to the website of WSJ’s MoneyBeat blog.
- The Emerging Market Sand Trap: Financial Reports, Currency & Other Risks (Epoch Times)
- Emerging Market Companies & Governments Binge on US Dollar Debt (WSJ)
- Election Results in Some Fragile Five Emerging Markets Calm Investors (Reuters)
- Income Ideas From Emerging Markets (Institutional Investor)
- New Fragile Five Facing a Forex Crisis: Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Ukraine & Venezuela (Institutional Investor)
- “Fragile Five” Emerging Markets No Longer That “Fragile” (AP)
- Emerging Market Acronyms Like “Fragile Five” are Misleading and Unhelpful (SCMP)
- Emerging Markets Election Timetable 2014 (Aberdeen)
- Psigma’s Gregory: Avoid Economies With Current Account Deficits (FE Trustnet)
- The State of Big Emerging Markets on One Giant Map (BI)