Diageo Takes a £264M Writedown on China (The Telegraph)
Diageo has written down the value of its 40% stake in Shuijingfang by £264m because sales of “baijiu” liquor have tumbled amidst anti-extravagance policies.
To read the whole article, Questor share tip: Avoid Diageo’s emerging market hangover, go to the website of The Telegraph.
- Diageo’s emerging market problems deepen (FT)
- Shift Your Emerging Market Consumer Exposure from MNCs to Local Stocks (FE Trustnet)
- Why China Threatens the World Economy in 90 Seconds (Telegraph)
- China / Russia Stock Market Charts Suggest Investing Early in Frontier Markets (Like Africa) Pay Off (Telegraph)
- Macau Casino Boom-Bust Cycle in One Chart (Bloomberg)
- Fund Managers: Why We Couldn’t Resist the Alibaba IPO (FE Trustnet)
- China is Going After Foreign Car Makers (Fitch Ratings)
- China A: Opportunity for Active Managers (William Blair)
- Aberdeen Asset Management’s China Update
- BRICs Morphing Into an Anti-dollar Alliance (MT)