Investors Are Returning to Emerging Markets in Asia But Indonesia Looks Risky (CNBC)
Mark Konyn, CEO of Cathay Conning Asset Management, has appeared on CNBC to say that recent capital inflows into Asia indicates investors may be seeking opportunities in former laggard markets. In fact and for the first time in over 80 weeks, fund inflows into Asia have been ranked number one globally as investors take a look at markets that have lagged but could be poised for a comeback in the second half.
However, Mark commented that Indonesia is on the expensive side while China is on the cheaper side where there is growing evidence that the economy has bottomed out. He also commented that the ability to push through a reform program in Indonesia is more limited compared with India and there is a risk of disappointment with the election results because polling tends to be done in the urban areas rather than the rural ones.
The video interview, Investors are returning to EMs: Expert, is also available on the website of CNBC.
- India and Indonesia are Better Positioned to Survive Rising Oil Prices (CNBC)
- Invest in Poorer Performing Emerging Markets for Better Gains? (CNBC)
- Speculators And Hit-And-Runs: Investing in Indonesia
- Xiaomi Smartphones Are Coming to an Emerging Market Near You (Bloomberg / Tech in Asia)
- Scottish Oriental Smaller Companies Trust – Annual Report for Year Ended Aug 31, 2022
- Are There Greater Opportunities In Asia’s Frontier Markets Than in China? (FT)
- Asia-Pacific Equities Wait to Emerge From the Dollar’s Shadow (Robeco)
- Economic Prospects in Several Emerging Asia Countries (Wells Fargo Securities)
- What Makes Asia−Pacific’s Generation Z different? (McKinsey & Co)
- Microsoft Sees Asian Emerging Markets as a Way to Get Ahead of Rivals (Seattle Times)
- Asia at a Crossroads: Demographics, Economics & Investment (State Street)
- Emerging Market Stocks Advance on Reform Themes & Central Bank Expectations (Bloomberg)
- The World in 2050 (PWC)
- Sustained Growth Slowdown in China Would Spill Over to Asia-Pacific Region and Beyond (Moody’s Talk)
- Mark Mobius’s Favorite Emerging Markets: Indonesia, Russia, Brazil, Vietnam and South Africa (WSJ)
Leave a Reply