Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populous country, has the world’s largest Muslim population and is considered a good candidate to be added to the so-called list of BRIC countries; but when it comes to investing in Indonesia, American investors would be limited to telco stocks PT Indosat Tbk (IIT) and PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia (TLK) as both trade as ADRs on the NYSE; Indonesia ETFs like the iSHARES MSCI Indonesia Investable Market Index Fund (EIDO), the Market Vectors Indonesia Index ETF (IDX) and the Market Vectors Indonesia Small-Cap ETF (IDXJ); and closed-end fund Aberdeen Indonesia Fund Inc (IF).
While that might be a larger than normal selection for American investors compared with other emerging markets, its still fairly limited given Indonesia’s potential economic importance. However, is investing in Indonesia even worth considering and if so, what should you invest in?
Before we look at the options for investing in Indonesia, let me tell you about my recent three week trip to the Indonesian island of Sumatra and the Indonesian city of Medan – which probably has one of the fastest growing economies in the country.
To read more, go to the complete article on Our SeekingAlpha page by clicking here. Likewise and if you are interested in our other articles about Indonesia ADRs like PT Indosat Tbk and PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia; or Indonesia ETFs like iSHARES MSCI Indonesia Investable Market Index Fund, the Market Vectors Indonesia Index ETF and the Market Vectors Indonesia Small-Cap ETF; or Indonesia closed-end funds like the Aberdeen Indonesia Fund, visit our Indonesia tag here.
- Investing in Indonesia ETFs / Indonesia ETF List
- A Damaged Culture No More? Investing in the Philippines
- The Singapore Story: Not a Sure Thing for Investors?
- Jakarta Composite Index Surpasses Key Psychological Benchmark on Political News (JP)
- Scottish Oriental Smaller Companies Trust – Annual Report for Year Ended Aug 31, 2022
- Investors Are Returning to Emerging Markets in Asia But Indonesia Looks Risky (CNBC)
- Are There Greater Opportunities In Asia’s Frontier Markets Than in China? (FT)
- Apocalypse Now For Investors? A Realistic Vietnam Investment Review
- Indonesia IPOs Surge Ahead, Defying Coronavirus Slump (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Emerging Market Investors: Drop a Bric and Pick Up a Bimchip (Financial Times)
- The Philippines: More Two Steps Forward And One Step Back?
- The Malay Dilemma: Is the Malaysia ETF a Safe Emerging Market Investment?
- Indonesia’s Unicorns Lure US Tech Giants From Google to Facebook (Nikkei Asia)
- Fortune Magazine’s Best Emerging Markets to Invest in Now
- Champ Resto (IDX: ENAK): Indonesia’s Restaurant National Champion?