Fortune Magazine’s Best Emerging Markets to Invest in Now
The February 2015 issue of Fortune says these are the best emerging markets to invest in now:
The fourth most populous country, Indonesia just elected a reform minded President while low oil prices are actually helping the country as its now a net oil importer. Fortune quoted Jay Nogueira, the associate portfolio manager of T. Rowe Price’s $3.9 billion Global Growth Equity strategy as being bullish on P.T. Bank Central Asia (OTCMKTS: PBCRY), “the J.P. Morgan of Indonesia,” and Unilever (NYSE: UL; NYSE: UN) which has a large Indonesian business and a locally listed subsidiary there – Unilever Indonesia (OTCMKTS: UNLRY).
Mexico is opening up its state-run energy industry to foreign investment, is ending telecom monopolies and is even challenging China as a manufacturing base. Rick Schmidt, who oversees $8.9 billion in emerging market portfolios for Harding Loevner, said he likes Mexican Coke bottler Coca-Cola FEMSA SAB de CV (NYSE: KOF), which also owns 20% of Heineken N.V. (AMS: HEIA), as well as Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (NYSE: ASR), which operates the Cancún airport.
Although there are troubles surrounding Poland in the rest of the EU and further to the east, the country is benefiting from lower oil prices and some of the highest GDP growth in the EU (a 3.3% forecast from the IMF for 2015). Schmidt, who owns Bank Pekao SA (WSE: PEO), was quoted by Fortune as saying:
“Poland is just your classic emerging market. It still has a large rural base, but urbanization continues and people are moving into the middle class.”
To read the whole article, The best bets for individual investors in emerging markets, go to the website of Fortune. In addition, check out our ADR pages for Indonesia here, Mexico here and Poland here and our closed end funds lists here.
- Fortune Magazine: Seven Emerging Markets to Invest in Now
- Hungary, Poland, Mexico and South Korea Poised to Handle a Pull Back in US Monetary Stimulus (WealthManagement.com)
- Which Emerging Markets Have the Most Leveraged Stocks? (Bloomberg)
- Emerging Market Stocks Advance on Reform Themes & Central Bank Expectations (Bloomberg)
- Invest in Poorer Performing Emerging Markets for Better Gains? (CNBC)
- Key Findings: Credit Suisse Emerging Markets Consumer Survey
- Best Consumer Stocks for Emerging Market Investors (Morningstar)
- Emerging Markets: Why Politics Matter in 2018 (Hermes)
- “Fragile Five” Emerging Markets No Longer That “Fragile” (AP)
- Speculators And Hit-And-Runs: Investing in Indonesia