Malaysia’s Astro Targets Netflix and Amazon with Streaming Launch (Nikkei Asia)
Southeast Asia’s largest pay TV operator, Astro Malaysia Holdings, aims to start a streaming service next year to take on deep-pocketed rivals Netflix and Amazon Prime.
The strategy shift comes as more Malaysians are ditching pay TV for digital and mobile streaming options. READ MORE (CACHED ARTICLE)
- Asian Streaming Services Have Content plus Capital to Edge Netflix & Amazon (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Malaysia on Track to Developed Country Status — But Has Far to Go (Nikkei Asian Review)
- The Malay Dilemma: Is the Malaysia ETF a Safe Emerging Market Investment?
- Malaysian Elections: Will The Malaysia ETF Rally or Sink?
- Falling Oil Prices Puts a Spotlight on Malaysia’s Debt (Reuters)
- Southeast Asia Set to Gain From Trade War Business Relocations (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Will Emerging Markets and Berjaya Corporation Save RadioShack?
- Malaysia Sees Trade Diversion Cushioning Impact of Tariff Wars (Bloomberg)
- Are There Greater Opportunities In Asia’s Frontier Markets Than in China? (FT)
- Small But Mighty: Seizing Untapped Opportunities in Southeast Asia (Nielsen)