Vietnam’s Economy is Firing on All Cylinders (Eaton Vance)
The bullish case for Vietnam keeps gaining momentum, as a renewed push for economic reform is helping drive growth that hit 6.8% in 2017.
Restructuring of state-owned enterprises has been a centerpiece of Vietnam’s economic reforms over the past 30 years. However, progress had been slow until the appointment of a new government led by Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc in January 2016.
Significant efforts have been made to accelerate state-owned enterprise (SOE) reform under the new leadership. Four factors are driving the new wave of equitization:
- Samsung Invests $1 Billion on a Vietnam Factory (VIR)
- Emerging Market Monitor: Hit by the Trump Trade (Pictet Asset Management)
- Vietnam Closed End Funds: Improving Outlook & Attractive Valuations (Numis)
- Vietnamese Verses Chinese Retail Investors (AFC)
- Vietnam’s Economic Growth Surges to Above 7% as Exports Climb (Bloomberg)
- Economic Prospects in Several Emerging Asia Countries (Wells Fargo Securities)
- Apocalypse Now For Investors? A Realistic Vietnam Investment Review
- Nigeria, Argentina and Vietnam Top the Frontier Markets Sentiment Index (WSJ)
- Minimum Wage Politicking Stings Employers in Southeast Asia (Nikkei Asian Review)
- Mark Mobius’s Favorite Emerging Markets: Indonesia, Russia, Brazil, Vietnam and South Africa (WSJ)