CLSA Feng Shui Index Predicts a Good Year for These Chinese Sectors (CNBC)
As Chinese New Year approaches, Marco Yau, Research Associate at CLSA (Credit Lyonnais Securities Asia), appeared on CNBC to say that the Hang Seng Index, which is an earth rooster, will see some volatility in the coming year of the wood goat according to their CLSA Feng Shui Index 2015. Specifically, the CLSA Feng Shui Index 2015 predicts the Hang Seng Index will not have a spectacular year, but performance will not be bad either with a July peak and a touch down towards the end of year that will still leave shares higher. Electronics, gold, silver and autos are predicted to do well along with China properties, renewables and commodities, but one of the CNBC talking heads commented that the last sectors are really beaten down as it is and might be in for a bounce irrespective of what Feng Shui predicts. Otherwise, no sector is predicted to do badly in the year of a wood goat, but utilities, telcos and financials may underperform.
To read a press release about the predictions, CLSA Feng Shui Index 2015 – Year of the Wood Goat, go to the website of CLSA.
- CLSA Feng Shui Index 2018
- CLSA Feng Shui Index 2016 Predictions
- Hong Kong Stocks Roar Into 2021 on Surge of Investment From China (Nikkei Asia)
- Will Meituan Become Hong Kong’s Tesla? (The Asset)
- Bloomberg’s Misery Index’s Least Miserable Emerging Markets
- Occupy Central Protests Will Hurt These Hong Kong Stocks (SCMP)
- Two Systems, Zero Trust? Hong Kong’s Extradition Row Risks Business Exodus (Nikkei Asian Review)
- No Improvement in Asia Pacific Corporate Payments in 2015 (Coface)
- FPA Crescent (FPACX) Fund Makes Some Interesting Emerging Market Stock Bets (Kiplinger)
- Templeton’s Chow: “No Reason the Goat and the Bull Cannot be Friends” (Mobius Blog)