Will Frontier Markets Follow the Same Emerging Market Pattern? (The Telegraph)
A short article in The Telegraph recently observed that Frontier markets, which index provider MSCI says comprises of 33 countries, including Argentina, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Kenya, Nigeria, Kuwait, Lebanon, Bangladesh and Vietnam, are in a similar situation today to where some favorite emerging markets were 10 or 20 years ago.
Moreover, frontier markets generally have had a strong run over the past year, thanks in large part to investors becoming more willing to venture off the beaten track in search of the next big growth opportunity. In fact, the MSCI Frontier Markets index is up around 26% over the past 12 months, while individual markets such as Saudi Arabia (which will open next year to foreign direct investors) have done even better.
To read the whole article, Will frontier markets follow the same pretty pattern?, go to the website of The Telegraph.
- Jordan: On the Path to Recovery (AFC Asia Frontier Fund)
- History Says Investors Get Gored by MSCI Upgrades (Reuters)
- How the MSCI Emerging Markets Index Changes Will Impact Investors (P&I)
- Frontier Markets Are a Backdoor Oil Trade (CNBC)
- Fund Managers’ Opinions on the UAE and Qatar’s Emerging Markets Upgrade (The National)
- How MSCI’s Global Investable Market Indexes Methodology Influences Trillions of Dollars (Kraneshares)
- Frontier Markets: Small, Concentrated & Misunderstood (Financial Advisor)
- How MSCI’s Removal of Qatar & UAE Impacts the Frontier Markets Landscape (MM)
- How Much Should You Invest in Emerging Markets? (The Telegraph)
- Are There Greater Opportunities In Asia’s Frontier Markets Than in China? (FT)
- China / Russia Stock Market Charts Suggest Investing Early in Frontier Markets (Like Africa) Pay Off (Telegraph)
- Unlike Emerging Markets, Frontier Markets Are a Less Volatile Haven (FT)
- Frontier Market ETFs Have 72% Exposure to Oil-Dependent Countries (FT Adviser)
- Nigeria’s Forte Oil Plc and EcoBank Transnational Inc (ETI) Added to MSCI’s Frontier Market Index (AllAfrica.com)
- Obscure Stocks Make the Baron Emerging Markets Fund a Winner (Kiplinger)