After recently analyzing the five best performing investors in frontier markets, the DraculaCapital.com blog has a post outlining three successful frontier market investing strategies:
- Geographically Targeted – Most investors think that having a broader geographical location with more stocks to choose from will yield a better return. In reality and for frontier market investing, what has brought consistent returns is to be as geographically targeted as possible.
- Bottom-up / Value Investing – Taking a bottom-up, value investing approach as if buying a piece of a private business (what Warren Buffet does) makes the most sense.
- Targeting High Growth Sectors – The most invested frontier market sector was the consumer staples sector (thanks to rising incomes and a developing middle class along with no anti-tobacco campaigns or low-everything dietary trends) with the second sector being the financial sector (thanks in part due to less regulation and less speculative flows and higher interest rates than in US or Europe).
To read the whole article, 3 Lessons From TOP Frontier Markets Investors, go to DraculaCapital.com.
- Frontier Markets: Attractive Valuations with Limited Correlation (Mobius Blog)
- Seven Things to Consider Before Investing in Emerging Markets (AllianceBernstein)
- Three Reasons Why Investors Should Buy Frontier Market Stocks (The BlackRock Blog)
- Busting Frontier Market Investing Myths (Mobius Blog)
- Unlike Emerging Markets, Frontier Markets Are a Less Volatile Haven (FT)
- Russell Frontier Markets Equity Fund’s Manager Sees Neglected Gems (WSJ)
- 8 of 10 Fastest Growing Markets are Frontier Markets (Mobius Blog)
- Job Insecurity Hits the Middle Class / Older Workers in Emerging Markets (AllianceBernstein)
- Emerging Market Stocks Face Prospectus Scrutiny (Canadian Securities Law)
- Rapid Aging in Emerging Markets will Impact Consumer Spending (AllianceBernstein)
- Lessons From When the USA was an Emerging Market (WSJ)
- Is Your Emerging Market Strategy Overexposed to These 3 Factors? (KraneShares)
- Why Emerging Markets Are Back in Style for Investors (Breakout)
- MSCI Islamic Total Return Index vs. MSCI Emerging Markets Total Return Index (Mobius Blog)
- Frontier Markets: Small, Concentrated & Misunderstood (Financial Advisor)