3 Successful Frontier Market Investing Strategies (DraculaCapital.com)
After recently analyzing the five best performing investors in frontier markets, the DraculaCapital.com blog has a post outlining three successful frontier market investing strategies:
- Geographically Targeted – Most investors think that having a broader geographical location with more stocks to choose from will yield a better return. In reality and for frontier market investing, what has brought consistent returns is to be as geographically targeted as possible.
- Bottom-up / Value Investing – Taking a bottom-up, value investing approach as if buying a piece of a private business (what Warren Buffet does) makes the most sense.
- Targeting High Growth Sectors – The most invested frontier market sector was the consumer staples sector (thanks to rising incomes and a developing middle class along with no anti-tobacco campaigns or low-everything dietary trends) with the second sector being the financial sector (thanks in part due to less regulation and less speculative flows and higher interest rates than in US or Europe).
To read the whole article, 3 Lessons From TOP Frontier Markets Investors, go to DraculaCapital.com.
- How the MSCI Emerging Markets Index Changes Will Impact Investors (P&I)
- Russell Frontier Markets Equity Fund’s Manager Sees Neglected Gems (WSJ)
- Mark Mobius’ Contrarian Case for Investing in Brazil (Mobius Blog)
- Emerging Market Investors Need to Think Beyond Investing in the BRICs (II)
- Mark Mobius vs Passive Emerging Market Funds (CBS MoneyWatch)
- Frontier Markets: Attractive Valuations with Limited Correlation (Mobius Blog)
- Prudent Ways to Invest in Frontier Markets (WSJ)
- Best Consumer Stocks for Emerging Market Investors (Morningstar)
- Job Insecurity Hits the Middle Class / Older Workers in Emerging Markets (AllianceBernstein)
- Emerging Market Equity ETF List