Emerging Market Stocks Face Prospectus Scrutiny (Canadian Securities Law)
Two attorneys with Stikeman Elliott LLP, one of Canada’s leading business law firms, have written a blog post noting that when they are preparing and filing a preliminary prospectus, they have recently noticed that regulators are commonly responding with requests for further disclosure from issuers with mining properties in emerging markets.
The post noted that regulators have in recent years increased the scrutiny over emerging market issuers in general – something discussed in several previous blog posts. The blog post went on to note the specific areas for disclosures recently requested by regulators in the context of their prospectus reviews.
With those areas in mind, the attorneys concluded that emerging market stock issuers, especially mining companies, outside of Canada, the US, Australia and Western Europe, that intend or are considering filing a prospectus in Canada, would be well advised to consider the OSC guide released in November 2012 and other staff guidance and policies and review their disclosure accordingly in advance of undertaking a public offering of securities.
To read the whole blog post, Emerging market issuers face prospectus scrutiny, go to the website of Canadian Securities Law.
- What is the SEC Targeting Alibaba (BABA) About? (China Accounting Blog)
- Infographic: Why Emerging Market Stocks Aren’t All the Same (Charles Schwab)
- Indices for Measuring Emerging Market Political Instability (Enterprising Investor)
- Lessons From When the USA was an Emerging Market (WSJ)
- Singapore Emerges as Asia’s Digital Securities Trading Hub (Nikkei Asia)
- Ethics and Disclosure
- Emerging Markets’ Foreign Exchange Reserves Have Dipped (Mobius Blog)
- Lira and Rand Among the Latest “Hot” Emerging Market Currency Bets (WSJ)
- Why Emerging Markets Are Back in Style for Investors (Breakout)
- Emerging Market Risk Ranking: Most Vulnerable to the Strongest (FT)
- Three Reasons Why Investors Should Buy Frontier Market Stocks (The BlackRock Blog)
- Japan’s Phased Reduction of Coal Power Means Closer Links to Russia (The Asset)
- Emerging Markets: Where People Actually Use Google+ (GlobalWebIndex Blog)
- Miners From Emerging Markets Outperform Peers From Developed Countries (PwC)
- Seven Things to Consider Before Investing in Emerging Markets (AllianceBernstein)
Leave a Reply