Aberdeen’s Star Manager Says an Emerging Markets Turnaround is Underway (FTAdviser)
Hugh Young, the managing director of Aberdeen Asset Management in Asia, has told FTAdviser (Emerging markets turnaround underway: Young) there is a turnaround in sentiment in Asia and emerging markets as investors dip their toes back into the region following years of underperformance.
FTAdviser noted that emerging market funds have now seen five consecutive weeks of net new money flowing in, a sharp contrast to the 22 consecutive weeks of outflows seen previously.
Young also commented that the Aberdeen team had “held our nerve” during the periods underperformance and topped up their preferred stocks at cheaper levels with those companies had recently “bounced back.”
HOWEVER, Young has long been known for his bearish approach to Chinese equities and says that the state of the Chinese economy is a “mixed picture” plus he highlighted the financial system as a “big concern.”
Read the whole article, Emerging markets turnaround underway: Young, on the website of FTAdviser.
- Aberdeen Asset Management’s China Update
- YPO CEO Survey: Asia CEO Confidence at 2-year Low (YPO)
- Deutsche Bank: Emerging Market Rally is a False Dawn (Barron’s)
- Chart: Asia GDP Per Capita Has Risen Sharply Since 1960 (Aberdeen)
- Aberdeen CIO: India Will Surpass China for Growth (FE Trustnet)
- Where to Find Opportunities in Emerging Markets (BlackRock)
- Asia & China Equities – Outlook in 3-D: Domestic, Digitalisation, Diversification (BNP Paribas)
- Investors Are Returning to Emerging Markets in Asia But Indonesia Looks Risky (CNBC)
- Macquarie’s Le Cornu Likes Korean Cosmetics, Chinese Insurance Stocks & Macau Casinos (Bloomberg)
- Chinese Stocks: Cheap Long-term Play or Value Trap? (FE Trustnet)
- Nikko AM’s Sartori: Best Buying Opportunities in Asia in My Career (AFR)
- The Long View: China is Too Big to Fail (Fidante Partners)
- U.S.-China Trade War: The New Long March (Guggenheim Investments)
- Occupy Central Protests Will Hurt These Hong Kong Stocks (SCMP)
- Experts: Tread Carefully With Emerging Market Investments (FE Trustnet)